Thursday, July 3, 2008

More about authors


The image of this post is a ceramic dragon made by Trent Talley of Arkansas. He is also working on a small statue of the Egyptian goddess Bast. Most of the authors in this post are fantasy writers. I truly love fantasy and always look for wonder.

In my last post, I noted some of the authors who had made deep impressions on me and promised more. Here is some more of the list:

Terry Pratchett - his humor and fantasy transport me to another world.
Connie Willis - uses her themes to both tell about fascinating characters and make me smile.
Roald Dahl - is a master of the short story. Both his memoires and stories hold me and twist surprisingly.
L. Frank Baum - brought me to Oz.
Dorothy Sayers - showed me mysteries between the two world wars.
Ellis Peters - made the middle ages come alive.
Ruth Plumly Thompson - continued my journeys through Oz with humor and delight.
Howard Pyle - brought the first real adventure into my life.
The Brothers Grimm - gave me fairy magic and monsters.
Hans Christian Andersen - went behind the fairy tales to the characters.

People are coming to visit. But there are more, lots more.

No comments: