Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Arkansas State Fair part II

Here are a couple more photos from the fair (as promised yesterday). Unfortunately, the connection is a little too slow for me to be able to post many more before leaving the house today. Perhaps later.



The kids on the rides were marvelous. Along with the very serious tots on the merry-go-round and the usual cheerful screaming as the rides did something that dropped stomachs, there was an informality in their attire that I enjoyed.



I got a kick out of the new teen style. All that extra material reminds me of the pictures of "zoot suits" that were in style before WWII. They went out of style quickly. I suspect it was due to the fact that a lot of young men were drafted or volunteered after Pearl Harbor and the shortage of cloth that came with the war effort.

No comments: